I then took the router and carving two eye sockets to see out of.
I also carved a neck hole so I can wear it.
I took apart an old seat and used the foam cushion.
I then inserted the foam around the neck hole and taped it to the mdf board using masking tape.
| To help my medium stick and stay, I decided to cover almost all of my box in paper and different kinds of tape. |
I took black pastel and colored my box and layered chrome spray paint on top. I then cut and screwed two wood blocks to enclose the box once both halves were together.
I painted the inside of the box all sorts of different colors using watertown ink. The neck hole was also painted and fades from green to blue on the bottom. I then installed a locking mechanism so that once I put it on, I could secure it using the lock. I then added hinges on the other side to open and close the box with ease.
In addition to painting the neck hole, I layered duck tape on one side and masking tape on the other. Both surfaces are spray painted silver along with inside. This piece is also meant to be engaging so paper was installed which features different shapes cutout with a different color/texture featured on the inside.
Heres a link to the final video
No comments:
Post a Comment